Portable restrooms. Ah yes, the unsung hero—or villain, depending on how you look—of any outdoor…
Budgeting for an event that includes a portable restroom requires careful consideration of several factors. Here are some steps to help you create a budget for your upcoming event:
- Determine the event details: Define the scope of your event, including the expected number of attendees, duration, and any specific requirements or regulations related to restroom facilities. This will help you assess how many portable restrooms you’ll need.
- Research portable restroom options: Explore different portable restroom providers and gather information about their services, prices, and available options. Consider factors such as the type and quality of restrooms, delivery and pickup fees, and any additional services or amenities provided (e.g., handwashing stations, handicap-accessible units).
- Calculate the number of portable restrooms needed: Most portable restroom providers offer guidelines for determining the appropriate number of units based on the event size. The ratio generally ranges from 1 unit per 50-100 people for an average event. Adjust the number based on factors like the event duration, presence of food and drinks, and alcohol consumption.
- Request quotes: Contact multiple portable restroom providers and request detailed quotes based on the number of units you calculated. Ensure that the quotes include all relevant costs, such as delivery, pickup, and any additional services you require.
- Compare and negotiate: Review the quotes and compare the offerings, prices, and terms of different providers. If possible, negotiate the prices or request package deals to fit within your budget.
- Consider additional expenses: In addition to the portable restroom costs, consider other related expenses that may affect your budget. This could include delivery and setup charges, janitorial services during the event, and potentially the cost of additional sanitation measures for any hygiene/health concerns.
- Allocate a contingency fund: Set aside a small contingency fund to account for any unexpected expenses or last-minute changes to your plans. This will help you handle unforeseen circumstances without disrupting your budget.
- Track expenses and review: As you plan and execute the event, track all expenses related to the portable restroom services. Keep a record of receipts and invoices for reference and review after the event. This will help you assess the accuracy of your initial budget and make improvements for future events.
Remember, pricing and specific requirements may vary based on your location, event size, and other factors. It’s essential to conduct thorough research and communicate directly with portable restroom providers to ensure you have an accurate budget for your event.